The Grue-Crew take a look at theÂ Martin Freeman zombie tale Cargo, Christopher shares his adventures at the Crimson Screen Horror Film Festival, and Dave drops a plethoraÂ of horror news in our laps. Join Dave Dreher, Doc Rotten, Christopher G. Moore, and Vanessa Thompson – along with special guest host Whitney Collazo, as we discuss Horror News of the Week and review the latest horror offerings.
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you! Reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com. Also, please like us onÂ FacebookÂ and join theÂ Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
- HNR Is brought to you by the generous contributions to our Patreon account: Thank you Tom Ward for joining the grue-believers
- SHUDDER 30 DAY FREE TRIAL: Use promocode GRUESOME for a free 30-day trial of Shudder!
- SCARES THAT CARES WEEKEND: August 3 – 5, 2018
- SPLATTERFLIX FILM SERIES: October 12 – 14, 2018
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Andrew Lincoln is leaving The Walking Dead midway through Season 9
- Simon Pegg & Nick Frost return to Horror Comedy with Slaughterhouse Rulez
- The R-Rated Nightmare Cinema showcases directors Mick Garris, Joe Dante, David Slade, Ryuhei Kitamura, and Alejandro Brugues
- Blumhouse teams with director Tommy (Dead Snow) Wirkola for Intruders
- Coming this September 14, the “Darker side of Paul Feig” with A Simple Favor featuring Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick
- “It’s Official” Jason Blum confirms Jamie Foxx is the new Spawn
- The “Charmed” reboot is coming … here’s the CW trailer to prove it
- “Where’s the Jump?” A new site reveals all the jump scares
- Starting production soon: Knob Goblins 2: Silent Bite, Holy Fright
Christopher G. Moore announces the sequel to his hit short horror film Knob Goblins
- Locke and Key heading to Netflix
FEATURE TOPIC: Cargo (Netflix)
After an epidemic spread all over Australia, a father searches for someone willing to protect his daughter.
Directors: Ben Howling, Yolanda Ramke
Cast: Martin Freeman, Anthony Hayes, Susie Porter
Crimson Screen Horror Film Festival: Christopher G. Moore discusses his trip to Charleston, South Carolina
Next Week: Upgrade