Happy New Year, Grue Believers! To celebrate, Horror News Radio is goingÂ Beyond…Â Skyline! Yes, the sequel no one asked for is here and it’s better than you’d think. Well, it’s at least better than the first one. Join Frank Grillo and the guys from The Raid as they kick major alien ass. Afterward, The Grue Crew look towards the future and countdown The Most Anticipated Horror Films of 2018, as voted on by you! There are ghastly ghosts, returning slashers and even… a few horror bent superheroes?! Hey, it’s 2018. Anything can happen at this point! Dave Dreher makes his triumphant return after being sick over the holidays with Horror News of the Week! There’s an animated King of the Monsters, giant sharks and Nic Cage swinging a sledgehammer at children. What’s not to love? Joining the Crew for all of this is South Korea correspondent & co-host ofÂ Decades of Horror: The Classic EraÂ Joseph Perry! What a way to ring in 2018!
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you, the listeners, the fans. You can always reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com or find us on Twitter:Â Doc RottenÂ |Â Dave DreherÂ |Â Thomas Mariani. Also, like us onÂ FacebookÂ and join theÂ Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK [00:05:43]
- Mom And Dad trailer gives us fear of parental guidance
- Mike Flanagan wants to adapt wants to adapt Doctor Sleep and Lisey’s Story
- Dee Wallace joins the cast of Dead Afterlife
- Trailer debuts for animated Netflix offering Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
- First still debuts for Meg as the film prepares for its summer release
FEATURE REVIEW: BEYOND SKYLINE [00:22:02]
- Beyond SkylineÂ (2017)
- director/writer: Liam O’Donnell
- cast:Â Frank Grillo, Bojana Novakovic, Jonny Weston, Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian, Antonio Fargas
- In February, we will be working with the Nevermore Film Festival in Durham, NC to present THE MANITOU on the Big Screen in honor of Santos Ellin Jr. / the Black Saint. Anyone who can make it to the Festival the weekend of February 23 — 25, 20i18. We will have more details as we get closer to the dates. Head overÂ hereÂ to keep up with this event.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Most Anticipated Horror Films of 2018 [00:54:00]
FEEDBACK/SUPPORT HNR [01:48:00]
- Patrons atÂ PatreonÂ who donate as low as $1 can vote for an exclusive HNR podcast and one Decades of Horror episode every month! Up now is the poll for the HNR exclusive show for January!
- Thanks to Tear Out the Heart and Victory Records for use of the song Undead Anthem for the intro and outro of the HNR podcast
- HNR & Gruesome Magazine T-Shirts
- Gruesome Magazine 2016 Yearbook
- Gruesome Magazine Spring 2017
- Gruesome Magazine Summer 2017