Strangers: Prey At NightÂ is the sequel no one was anticipating nor wanted. 10 years after the original and with none of the original cast or crew involved? It sounds like something destined to fail. Yet… The Grue Crew may have liked it more than you’d think.Â Strangers: Prey At NightÂ isn’t the only film on the docket, though. The genre-lite escapades ofÂ ThoroughbredsÂ is also up for discussion as genre favorite Anya Taylor Joy joins up with a fellow teen played by Olivia Cooke with sociopathic tendencies. Yet, the true monster may not be who it seems. Plus, there’s a small review for Disney’s big releaseÂ A Wrinkle In Time, the film that has so much creativity bursting at the seams… but maybe doesn’t come together too well. Dave Dreher is out this week, so Doc Rotten, Thomas Mariani and Yonathan Habtemichael have to take onÂ Horror News of the WeekÂ by themselves. There’s plenty of stories of premieres from South By Southwest, a Jake Gyllenhaal horror film coming to Netflix and… Tommy Wiseau as The Joker?Â What a funny story, Doc. Ha ha ha! Then, Thomas closes things out by unmasking Phantom Factor! It’s a packed night, but worth every second.
As always, the HNR Grue-Crew would love to hear from you, the listeners, the fans. You can always reach out via email at feedback(AT)horrornewsradio(DOT)com or find us on Twitter:Â Doc RottenÂ |Â Dave DreherÂ |Â Thomas Mariani. Also, like us onÂ FacebookÂ and join theÂ Horror News Radio Facebook Group.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK [00:03:39]
- SXSW Recap!
- Nightcrawler Director’s Netflix Horror Film
- Tommy Wiseau is The Joker? ha ha ha
FEATURE REVIEW: Strangers: Prey at Night [00:33:39]
- Strangers: Prey At NightÂ (2018)
- director: Johannes Roberts
- cast:Â Bailee Madison, Lewis Pullman, Christina Hendricks, Martin Henderson
- Look for Grue Crew members at theÂ FantasticRealm screening of Jaws 3D… in 3D!
- In September, we are looking to return to the Carolina for Friday the 13th 3-D and Amityville 3-D both in glorious 3D. More on this in the coming weeks.
- Be sure to keep up with the Flash Forward Friday ForcastÂ each week on Gruesome Magazine
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING: Thoroughbreds [01:07:20]
- ThoroughbredsÂ (2018)
- director: Corin Finley
- cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke, Anton Yelchin
SUPPORT HNR [01:44:35]
- Patrons atÂ PatreonÂ who donate as low as $1 can vote for an exclusive HNR podcast and one Decades of Horror episode every month!
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING: A Wrinkle In Time [01:46:38]
- A Wrinkle In TimeÂ (2018)
- director: Ava Duvernay
- cast: Storm Reid, Levi Miller, Oprah Winfrey, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine
PHANTOM FACTOR [02:02:42]
- Our Game Show Segment In Which You the Listeners Forge Suggestions For The Grue Crew To Guess!
- This week’s topic: Macabre Mask of Horror
- Those who enter in March will be in contention to win a copy ofÂ The Ultimate Guide to Strange Cinema!