NIGHT OF THE COMET, DAWN OF THE DEAD, and THE POSSESSION OF HANNAH GRACE top the horror news of the week and we remember the prolific character actor James Karen. The Grue-Crew review APOSTLE (2018) from director Gareth Evans who hides something far more supernatural than a dangerous cult in his harrowing period film. Join Dave Dreher, Doc Rotten, Christopher G. Moore, and Vanessa Thompson as we discuss Horror News of the Week and review the latest horror offerings.
- HNR Is brought to you by the generous contributions to our Patreon account
Thank you to our patrons
- NEW YORK CITY HORROR FILM FESTIVAL: Thursday, November 29 – Sunday December 2, New York, New York
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK
- R.I.P James Karen (Return of the Living Dead, Poltergeist)
- Night of the Comet remake on its way from Director Roxanne Benjamin
- Hmmm. A 3-D conversion of Dawn of the Dead (1978) exists…
- Trailer: The Possession of Hannah Grace
- Adam Scott takes on the Shatner role for Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone
- NECA sends Valek (The Nun) set to haunt your toy shelf
- Not scary enough: Howzabout It!
FEATURE TOPIC: Apostle (2018)
In 1905, a drifter on a dangerous mission to rescue his kidnapped sister tangles with a sinister religious cult on an isolated island.
Director: Gareth Evans (The Raid/The Raid 2, “Safe Haven” V/H/S 2)
Cast: Dan Stevens, Michael Sheen, Lucy Boynton, Bill Milner, Kristine Froseth, Paul Higgens, and Mark Lewis Jones
Thanks to Rocky Gray for our killer new HNR theme song
Next Week on HNR: Suspiria (2018)