For our 300th episode, we are honored to interview Robert Kurtzman, the legendary effects artist who also oversaw the effects for THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE. The Grue-Crew also review THE NIGHT EATS THE WORLD (2018) from director Dominique Rocher, due to a troll-worthy recommendation from the one-and-only Stephen King. Join Dave Dreher, Doc Rotten, Christopher G. Moore, and Vanessa Thompson as we discuss Horror News of the Week and review the latest horror offerings.
- HNR Is brought to you by the generous contributions to our Patreon account
Thank you to our patrons
- NEW YORK CITY HORROR FILM FESTIVAL: Thursday, November 29 – Sunday, December 2, New York, New York
INTERVIEW: Robert Kurtzman
The Grue-Crew discuss the effects that went into the phenomenal NETFLIX horror TV show, THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE with the legendary effects artist Robert Kurtzman. He also shares some memories and behind-the-scenes secrets from his long list of effects credits, including Evil Dead 2, Intruder, Army of Darkness, From Dusk Till Dawn, and John Dies at the End.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK
- R.I.P. Nicolas Roeg, director of Don’t Look Now, The Witches, and more
- Friday the 13th stars team up for the indie film – 13 FANBOY
- We get our first solid look at David Harbour as HELLBOY
- THE WALKING DEAD kills off another main character – amid controversy – and gets scary again.
FEATURE TOPIC: The Night Eats the World (La Nuit a dÃ©vorÃ© le monde)
The morning after a party, a young man wakes up to find Paris invaded by zombies.
Director: Dominique Rocher
Cast: Anders Danielsen Lie, Golshifteh Farahani, Denis Lavant
Thanks to Rocky Gray for our killer new HNR theme song
Next Week on HNR: The Possession of Hannah Grace