On this episode of Horror News Radio:
- The Grue-Crew review… WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (FX, TV – S02E1 – 02).
This is HORROR NEWS RADIO, the official GRUESOME MAGAZINE podcast. Back with Doc Rotten once again are the scariest, goriest, bloodiest co-hosts on the ‘Net.
- Dave Dreher, the lead news writer at Gruesome Magazine.
- Award-winning filmmaker Christopher G. Moore.
- Podcasting Rock Star & International Cosplay Queen, Vanessa Thompson.
HORROR NEWS OF THE WEEK
- The Shining TV Series OVERLOOK coming to HBO Max from Bad Robot
- Bad Robot is also developing a JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK series for HBO Max
- SCOOB! Skips Theaters, Heads to VOD, and then HBO Max (which launches 5/27)
- VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE is the title, June 25, 2021, is the new release date
- IFC Midnight will release RELIC on July 10, 2020
- IFC Midnight dates Dave Franco’s THE RENTAL for July 24, 2020
FEATURE REVIEW: WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (FX, TV S02E01-02)
World domination. Round 2. Watch the OFFICIAL SEASON 2 TRAILER for What We Do In The Shadows. Premieres Wednesday, 4/15 on FX.IMDb
- EPISODE 1: THE RESURRECTION
Laszlo and Nadja are elated with their latest familiar, Topher, who appears to be the most dedicated servant when they are around; however, he is just a slacker who has no desire to become a vampire. Topher’s attitude annoys Guillermo, who has been busy secretly killing vampires who invade the house. Topher is accidentally electrocuted and dies, causing Nadja and the others to visit Wallace, a necromancer. Laszlo believes Wallace is just a shyster as he demands $350 for the job. Wallace revives Topher, but he comes back as a ravenous zombie who continually attacks Guillermo. The vampires bring Topher back to Wallace, where Wallace agrees to take him back, placing Topher in his basement alongside other zombies making miniature license plate key chains.
- EPISODE 2: GHOSTS
The vampires deduce that a ghost has invaded their home and Nadja performs a seance to summon the ghost. Nadja discovers the ghost is the spirit of her former lover Jeff/Gregor, who has unfinished business. The vampires, since they are dead themselves, wonder if they have their own ghosts with unfinished business, so they perform a second seance. Their spirit doppelgangers appear and each of them tries to help them finish whatever unfinished business they have. Nadja’s ghost ends up inhabiting a doll, and Colin Robinson conjures his dead grandmother just to try to tell his “updog” joke.
- Facebook Group:
- Vanessa, Facebook:
- Vanessa, Instagram:
- Christopher, Instagram:
- Christopher, Facebook:
- Doc, Facebook:
- Dave, Facebook:
- Rocky Gray, HNR Theme Song: